Here’s a thing or two I observed about each game played in Week 7, from Redzone or Rewind, in my 10+ hours of watching football.
Seattle at San Francisco
- The 49ers officially have the best OL in the league. In the second half they took it to Seattle with old fashioned smashmouth football.
- Behind that OL, it seems Coach Harbaugh is losing trust in his QB, Alex Smith. Not only has Colin Kaepernick been working into the mix but the playcalling has gotten very conservative, especially on 3rd down.
Washington at NY Giants
- Alfred Morris is as strong as an Ox, best story no one is talking about.
- Cruz is only making $540,000 this season but is worth a ton more than that.
Arizona at Minnesota
- Skelton likely cost his team the game with turnovers and bad decisions. Coach Whiz didn’t help the cause either.
- Harrison Smith and Letroy Guion are becoming the next generation of stars on that defense. Unfortunately, their schedule gets much tougher the rest of the way.
Dallas at Carolina
- Dallas should rely on their defense to win games. It’s that good. Their OL is that bad, especially with Costa going down. Also, Romo and Dez are that inconsistent.
- Carolina needs to cut the bull and run a real, even basic offense. They are stunting the growth of their franchise QB.
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
- Neither team can stop a nose bleed.
- Brees on pace to break his own yardage record.
- Freeman finally trusts Jackson and Clark might finally get some play, hay.
Green Bay at St. Louis
- Discount double Champ is back … Rodgers!!
- Woodson injury is tough break for a weak defense already, more shootouts.
- StL fought admirably and the defense is much improved despite giving up 30.
Baltimore at Houston
- Flacco still not the same on road. More fizzle than sizzle for damaged D.
- Houston took care of business early. Still not convinced they have a killer instinct though.
Cleveland at Indianapolis
- Weeden continues to impress by throwing in the face of pressure. Their defense much improved, too.
- Luck shut down in the second half.
Tennessee at Buffalo
- That Bills D was rebuilt to bust. Sorry B-Lo.
- For the second straight week I was very impressed with the Titans OL.
NY Jets at New England
- Remarkable performance by Jets who were down their best CB, WR, DT, and RB for a while to the Pats on the road. Woulda, coulda, shoulda won.
- Belichick is mixing and matching his secondary to find that perfect combination. I guess he realized you don’t get anything for going 16-0.
Jacksonville at Oakland
- Just when Gabbert looks OK, he gets injured….still, never liked him.
- Palmer have some gas left in the can.
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
- Might as well call Big Ben the mayor of Cincinnati…at least one night a year.
- Bengals blew it by choosing BGE over Michael Bush. They should try to get SJax cheap.
Detroit at Chicago
- The Lions haven’t played a good game probably over a year. Stafford’s mechanics are a mess and for some reason won’t throw an elevated pass to Megatron.
- Chicago has the best defense in the league and they play a lot of zone. But not your father’s bland cover-2. They’re multiple.
(Please, comment with what you saw or learned.)