Monday NFL Combine Results – 2012
A lot like last year, the DL group impressed with their size and speed. The class as a whole ran faster than anticipated, but certain player stood out. Projections say there could be 6 DEs and 7 DTs taken in the first round. Among them are: Nick Perry and Melvin Ingram who led the DE as well as Dontari Poe and Fletcher Cox who both moved well for inside powerhouses.
Notable 40-yard dash times (unofficial)
- Dontari Poe: 4.98 (1.70)
- 346 lb man can certainly move. Some have even compared him to Ngata and he was the buzz of the 2012 NFL Combine … he’s on fire after 44 reps of 225lb!
- Nick Perry: 4.64
- Has dominated just about every drill, also had 35 repetitions on the bench press and a vertical jump of 38.5 inches.
- Mike Martin: 4.88 (1.69)
- One of my favorites, hasn’t gotten much love but will have a long career. Really stout, former wrestler who also put up 36 reps.
- Kendall Reyes: 4.95
- Standout from UConn popped off the screen every time I saw them play, has impressed in Senior Bowl week and here.
- Michael Brockers: 5.36 (6’5 322)
- Mayocks says he is raw as a 21 year old red-shirt sophomore.
- Quinton Coples: 4.78
- Loooooks like Peppers, but production lacking.
- Andre Branch: 4.70
- Moving to OLB and ran pretty well.
- Bruce Irvin: 4.50
- Situational* pass rusher weighs only 240, up from about 200 2 years ago.
- Fletcher Cox: 4.79
- Another solid MissSt prospect, Sapp’s favorite and one of mine.
- Ingram: 4.79
- Mayock’s #1 DE, compares him to James Harrison. Versatile rusher.
- Cam Johnson: 4.81
- Nice size/speed combo, guy I like after this workout.
- Jared Crick: 4.99
- Good time coming back from injury. If he stays healthy will be good value.
- Vinny Curry: 4.98
- All-around end from Marshall, who goes everything well.
Top 10-yard splits (unofficial)
- Irvin 1.54
- Branch, Lindsey 1.56
- Mercilus, Perry 1.57
- Johnson, Mealoga 1.58
- McClellin 1.59
- Jones 1.60
- Crawford 1.62
- Coples, Cox 1.63
- Blatnick 1.65
- M. Jackson and Crick 1.69
- Melvin Ingram: excellent movement, low hips, very quick
- Fletcher Cox: very solid movement, stayed low
- Andre Branch: fast feet, quick
- Cam Johnson: very fast and fluid…loose body.
- Bruce Irvin: ran fast and showed he was low hips.
Entry filed under: NFL, NFL Draft, Sports. Tags: 2012, 2012 nfl combine, 2012 nfl draft, american football, brockers, coples, ingram, Life, NFL, NFL combine, nfl draft 2012, nfl draft preview, nfl draft rankings, nfl draft wide receivers, Opinion, rankings, Sports.