Fantasy Football Week 9 Pickups
This time of year it’s just as much about who was dropped as it is who is the new guy of the week. Each league is different depending on the size, skill level, etc…it’s important for you to understand your team’s weaknesses and where you can improve as we approach the stretch run for the playoffs (and the trade deadline). Here are players who could improve your team. As always feel free to comment, tweet, or post any start or sit / pickup questions on the Facebook page because no two leagues are the same.
- Jonathan Baldwin: I’ve been a fan of his for at least the last three years and he showed everyone last night what his great asset is, the ability to rise up and make the catch. While Beaston appears to be the #2 and you have Cassel throwing to him, he is worth a play given the right matchup especially with his propensity for finding the endzone.
- Brent Celek: Before the season Vick said he would find the TE more like he did in Atlanta and he is finally delivering. He caught 7 balls the other night and if teams defend the deep ball it’s him & Avant underneath.
- Kevin Faulk: Quietly activated from PUP before the game and played most of it. Belichick loves his vet, throwing Ridley and Woodhead in the backburner.
- Javon Ringer: Did damage running and catching the rock, going over 100 yards for the game. CJ2K just signed a huge deal so won’t be going anywhere but Ringer is one of the better backups around and should start to see steady touches, especially after last week.
- Chris Ogbonnaya: Depending on the health of Hillis and Hardesty could see a good amount of carries.
- Raiders D/ST: Off the bye, their pass rush should frustrate Tebow similar to what Detroit just did.
- Jake Ballard: Stats over his last three games are TE1 worthy.
- Doug Baldwin: Most appealing in PPR formats.
- Matt Cassel: Has options and good matchup vs Mia this week.
Entry filed under: Fantasy Football, NFL, Sports. Tags: 2011 fantasy football, 2011 nfl, american football, Fantasy Football, fantasy football pickups, Football, NFL, nfl week 9, Pickups, Week 9 pickups, week 9 sleepers, Week nine.