Analysis from ESPN’s NFL Matchup – Week 2
Some of the best analysis about the NFL airs on the ESPN NFL Matchup show. Sal Pal, Jaws, and Hoge breakdown the best games of the week using their film study to illustrate specific points. It is a must watch for any fan. But, it airs at 3:00 AM and 7:30 AM EST. In case you didn’t wake up that early or don’t have a DVR, here are the biggest things to takeaway from this week’s show.
Jets @ Jaguars
- Jacksonville’s defense is static (only 4 blitzes last week), Sanchez will have to beat zone coverage.
Cardinals @ Redskins
- Washington lots of 12 personnel (1 back, 2 TEs) because it helps definte the coverage.
- Arizona has 2 in-the-box safeties who could struggle again.
Eagles @ Falcons
- Eagles run D is weak up the middle and Turner could have huge game.
- Falcons D must sprinkle in the blitz, especially to the right where Vick has a blindspot.
Packers @ Panthers
- GB D: 2-4-5, disguised pressure. Fast and efficient.
- Rodgers versus McDermott (D-Co), kills the blitz.
Chargers @ Patriots
- 2 TEs, diverse skill sets utilized through formation variation.
- Cason can’t cover Hernandez
Bears @ Saints
- Bears O looks completely different this year. Martz gets WRs open.
- Colston out, Jaws believes “Plan B” is Mark Ingram to set up big plays in the play-action game.
Rams @ Giants
- Giants offense has become basic run orientated.
- Rams so injured, OL much better run blocking.
- Rams great with blitz, attack the “A” gaps.
Entry filed under: NFL. Tags: 2011 week 2, american football, analysis, arizona cardinals, atlanta falcons, carolina panthers, chicago bears, espn, espn nfl matchup, Fantasy Football, Green Bay Packers, jacksonville jaguars, new england patriots, new orleans saints, new york giants, New York Jets, News, NFL, nfl matchup, nfl week 2, philadelphia eagles, saint louis rams, san diego chargers, washington redskins, week 2.