Fantasy Football Week 2 Sleepers and Who to Start
Below is a list of players who I believe have good matchups and will find success this weekend.
Must: Vick, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Romo, Stafford
- Rex Grossman: Going to the well again, as he is still available in a few of my leagues and should have a big game this weekend.
- Josh Freeman: Decent matchup versus Minnesota secondary.
- Joe Flacco: Could continue his routine hot starts to the season versus the Titans.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick: On a role and could play a lot of spread like last week with lots of completions.
- Jay Cutler: Scary start for sure, but the Saints had some holes in coverage and on the second level.
Solid 10: Rice, AD, McFadden, Mendenhall, Hillis, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, Michael Turner, Cedric Benson
Next 10: Tim Hightower, MJD, Frank Gore, Arian Foster, Jahvid Best, Ahmad Bradshaw, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Fred Jackson.
I also like:
- James Starks: Great matchup against Carolina, should keep the momentum going for the second year bruiser.
- Cadillac Williams: Should be good for 75 yards and possibly a touchdown against a struggling Giants D (that should improve as the season goes on).
- Shonn Greene should see more carries if they get a lead, but LT might be more valuable against because they could spread JAX out often.
- Joe Addai might be moving more towards a split, but he’s still #1 for now and has a good matchup. In deeper leagues Carter is worth a shot.
- Willis could be the main back if Knowshon is out, but Cincy’s run D looked strong.
- Mark Ingram owners remain patient … just look at the schedule after this week and smile.
- Deji Karim: Just a hunch but he could be effective in the passing game against the Jets. Played more snaps and got more touches than I expected last week.
Most of the #1 WRs on their team, the top 20 or so (Andre Johnson to Santana Moss), also…
- Mario Manningham: With Nicks a little dinged up and the Rams top 2 CBs out for injury, Manningham could feast underneath.
- Robert Meachem: Most likely to get first crack at filling Colston’s targets. Lance Moore has a shot at coming back.
- Plaxico: Great spot start last week and this week you should feel confident.
- Mike-Sims Walker: Gibson more likely to have chemistry to get receptions and yardage, but MSW is more skilled.
- Pierre Garcon: If Haden matchups up on Wayne, Garcon gets Seldon and a nice opportunity as he was the clear WR2 last week.
- Jerome Simpson: Excellent matchups versus Denver’s secondary corners.
- Greg Olsen
- Fred Davis
Entry filed under: Fantasy Football, Sports. Tags: 2011, 2011 fantasy football, 2011 nfl week one, american football, Fantasy Football, fantasy football sleepers, fantasy start, Football, News, NFL, Opinion, opinions, Quarterback, running back, Sports, start sit, tight end, week 1, week one, week one nfl 2011, week one sleepers, wide receiver.