Madden 12 Player Ratings Analysis: AFC West
Slowly but surely, player ratings for Madden 12 are being released. This time it’s the AFC West where I found a lot more under rated player than in the AFC East. What are you thoughts on the Broncos (74 ovr), Chiefs (84), Chargers (85 ovr), and Raiders (76 ovr)?
The Broncos are rated higher than you might think, while Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry are two of the top young players in the game. Meanwhile, Oakland’s receivers and OL are poorly rated, justifiably so except for one rookie. San Diego, who many expect to have a big year, has some nice rookies on D. Team names below are linked to full rosters and here are my highlights.
- Charles is one of the best players in the game and will be one of the most fun to play with, 98 speed/98 acceleration and 99 elusiveness + 98 juke.
- EA should be embarrassed to have Moeaki rated so poorly, 76.
- McCluster is an intriguing player, in the slot and out of the backfield. 93 spd, 96 acc, 93 elus, 93 spin, and 95 juke.
- Baldwin only gets a 71, but 97 jumping and 93 spectacular catch are appropriate. He should be higher and Chamber must be lower.
- Tamba Hali is definitely under rated as a 91. He is a game changer and one of the best rushers in the league. Belcher should be higher.
- Gilberry with a 64 is laughable.
- Flowers and Berry are standouts in the secondary. Flowers has a nice combo of 95 man coverage and 92 zone. Berry has 95 acceleration, 91 pursuits, and 91 hitting power. They didn’t make his coverage skills good enough though (78 man and 74 zone), he should be higher overall too.
- Tebow is given incredible running attributes: 80 speed, 90 acceleration, 84 agility, and even 84 truck…wow. Orton is under rated as usual with a 82 but they did give him 89 short accuracy. Orton should be higher and Tebow lower.
- Apparently, EA still believes in Moreno. Ratings of 85 looks ordinary/lazy, but he also has 96 acceleration, 97 agility, 93 vision, and 94 juke. That’s what the Broncos thought they were getting. Should be lower.
- Lloyd is a dynamic WR getting an 88. Royal could have a big year as #2 running routes Steve Smith used to own, will be higher by year’s end. Thomas is out for the first half of year but adds something to Madden, size. Decker only 69 but was hurt.
- OL is hurting, especially after losing Harris who was a building block in franchise mode.
- Have a playmaker on each level of the defense with Champ, Elvis, and CJ. Goodman is given a 86, which is surprising and BDawk maintains with the 87.
- Rookie Von Miller, got a 79 bolstered by 94 acceleration and 96 finesse moves. He is fierce off the edge. Rookie Rahim Moore got a 73 but has great range with an 87 in zone coverage.
- Losing Miller is a big hit and EA Sports doesn’t like Denarius Moore one of my NFL Draft Sleepers from Tennessee. Gamer can rely on speed as usual, with Ford holding it down with 98 speed on the outside, then Murphy with a 93, and Hey-Bey with the 97. Boom.
- Both RBs are rated too low. McFadden had an outstanding season behind a crap OL and he isn’t above a 87. Meanwhile Michael Bush looked like the bruiser he was in college and only gets a 75. Although, Marcel Reece (former college WR, now RB) has a fun compliment of skills.
- QB and OL is poor as expected. Campbell got a 92 TP. Veldheer leads the OL as a 81.
- Oakland D remains solid, even absent Nnamdi.
- Seymour leads them up front, while Wimbley was an excellent addition last year.
- McClain was a rock in the middle and see his rating at 82 with 90 tackling.
- Rookie CBs Van Dyke and Chekwa can both fly, Van Dyke is one of the fastest in the game with a 98 and Chekwa got 94.
- Gates is a 99. No doubt deserving.
- Vincent Brown didn’t get the route running ratings I expected, Vincent Jackson meanwhile, looks to have been penalized for sitting out some of last season.
- Mike Tolbert gets little respect….Toddman made the burner.
- Rivers deserved 96+, especially appreciate 93 deep ball accuracy.
- Phillips gets a 91 and he did a lot of remarkable things last season but after seeing other OLB being rated lower, I can’t help but think about them. Burnett was too low but he’s not on the team anymore.
- Take no issue with secondary, Gilchrist+Wright coming in at high sixties is acceptable since they are rookies.
Entry filed under: NFL, Sports. Tags: 2012 madden, american football, denver broncos, Football, john madden, kansas city chiefs, Life, madden 12, madden 12 player ratings, NFL, Oakland Raiders, san diego chargers, Sports, video games.