NFL Draft – Day 2 Winners
- New England Patriots: They constantly traded back gaining a 2nd-rounder next year, their backfield of the future with thick Ridley and the super-fast Vereen, and they get the guy most have said is the #1 ready qb prospect in the third round. And with the first pick of the day took a fast and tall CB. They understand value and embrace trading down, while other teams don’t and NE reaps most the benefits.
- Cleveland Browns: They draft one of my favorite players Greg Little who I’ve compared to Mike Williams. So basically they traded Julio Jones for Greg Little, 2 first round picks, and 2 fourth round picks, WOW. Also, they added Jabaal Sheard who moved up draft boards even with a stacked DL class – highlights are impressive.
- Denver Broncos: It must feel good for Broncos fans to be acquiring talent during the draft instead of McDaniels dumping it. They have added solid college players to contribute to their defense, yesterday: Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, and Nate Irving. Moore can learn under Dawkins, Franklin might fill out the line, and Irving could be a steal.
- New Orleans Saints: The Saints have had a spectacular draft and it continued yesterday when Martez Wilson fell into their laps. He can fly and fills a need at LB, they also got super athletic corner Johnny Patrick.
- Houston Texans: The Texans continued to get solid building blocks for their defense by drafting Brooks Reid and Brandon Harris after getting JJ Watt day one. I thought Harris fell a little too far and many think Brooks Reid can add great pressure, something the Texans haven’t gotten on opposing QBs.
- Buffalo Bills: They Bills have addressed their defense with all three picks, including drafting Aaron Williams who was one of the best players outside round one. He can play CB and S, reminds Mayock of Malcolm Jenkins.
- Indianapolis Colts: They Colts have done a great job of building their lines, getting great value in the second with Benjamin Ijalana who can play LT or RT and getting Drake Nevis from LSU who is a great fit for their system.
- Washington Redskins: They embraced trading down and added a 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick to their draft. They also attempted to fill a need at WR with Hankerson
Entry filed under: NFL Draft. Tags: 2011, 2011 draft, 2011 nfl draft, 2011 nfl draft first round analysis, 2011 nfl draft winners, 2011 second round picks, aaron williams, american football, benjamin ijalana, brandon harris, brooks reid, day two, day two winners, draft grade, Football, Life, martez wilson, new england patriots, NFL, NFL Draft, nfl draft analysis, ryan mallet, Scouting, second round, Sports, third round, third round picks and analysis.