Top Offensive Linemen In The 2011 NFL Draft
Anthony Costonzo: 6’7 311. Bench Press: 28 Forty-yard: 5.21
- Solid not spectacular athlete. Very comfortable kicking back in stance, smooth slide step. Four year starter at BC. Has the makings of a solid LT for the next ten years.
Tyron Smith: 6’5 307. Bench: 29 Forty: 5.08
- Physically gifted RT from USC. Potential highest of all draftees. The ultimate protector in the passing game. Turned 20 in December, so whoever drafts him will have to be patient when moving him to LT.
Derek Sherrod: 6’5 321. Bench: 23 Forty: 5.18
- Four year starter at Mississippi State. Reminds me of Sam Baker. Smart player. Technician who will start at LT. Better in pass protection than run blocking. Could contribute immediately.
Mike Pouncey: 6’5 303. Bench: n/a Forty: 5.12
- Brother of pro-bowler Maurkice and nearly identical in stature. Good quickness and strong initial punch. Like his brother much more but he was picked 18th and reality should’ve gone higher.
Gabe Carimi: 6’7 314. Bench: 29 Forty: 5.18
- Outland Trophy winner brings toughness to the table. Viewed as a RT with the potential to play all the positions if put into duty. Elite agility makes him a strong pass protector. Plays with leverage. Explosive first step.
Nate Soldier: 6’8 319. Bench: 21 Forty: 4.96
- Former TE and LT from Colorado. Great name but better size. Doesn’t play low enough to start at LT from day one, but his willingness to run block shows me he will work to become better at the next level.
Danny Watkins: 6’3 310. Bench: 29 Forty: 5.36
- 26 year old former hockey player who has a mean streak. Still relatively new to football with room for development.. Could start at guard from day one.
Rodney Hudson: 6’2 291. Bench: 27 Forty: 5.27
- Two-time winner of the Jacobs’ Blocking Trophy. He has the makings of a solid interior linemen. Has shown good feet and quickness to go along with solid fundamentals, which is important because he is not the biggest.
Entry filed under: NFL, NFL Draft. Tags: 2011, 2011 nfl draft, 40, anthony castonzo, bench press, danny watkins, derek sherrod, first round, Football, forty yard dash, gabe carimi, mike pouncey, nate soldier, NFL, NFL Draft, offensive line, OL, rodney hudson, scouting report, Sports, tyron smith.