Fantasy Football: Playoff Pickups Week 16
- Tim Tebow: If you’re in the championship it is unlikely you’re looking for a QB to play but if you are Tebow is worth a long look. One of the most talked about rookies in recent memory impressed in his debut at Oakland on Sunday. His running ability makes him a better play than your average fantasy quarterback and a matchup with Houston, who might still be without Mario Williams, allows me to recommend his this late in the season in his second start.
- Andre Caldwell: With TO out for the season Caldwell now starts at the Bengals productive #2 position. He finally gets to build on a solid rookie campaign where he flashed his clutch 3rd down receiving, now it’s time to see what else he has.
- Blair White: Austin Collie was placed on IR Wednesday making Collie the slot receiver once again. Indy faces two exploitable secondaries the next few weeks making White valuable.
- Anthony Armstrong: Certainly not a new face or new role but the QB change lead to a pass heavy offense and he broke 100 yards receiving. Faces JAX this week who smart fantasy football players love to pick on and he certainly can beat deep.
- Rex Grossman: The Shanahan’s are trying to prove a point that Rex can do the job and he probably can hit 20 points this week w/2 td and 2 ints.
- Lance Ball: A past pickup who is more attractive now since Moreno left Sunday’s game with what was described as a rib injury. Because of Moreno’s injury history it is wise error on the side of caution.
- Josh Morgan: One of the more under the radar players on the league, Morgan is a decent young player. He had 7 for 106 last week and faces StL this week who has Bradley Fletcher to cover Crabtree but no one to matchup with Morgan. Problem is 49ers tend to forget him which is why he is so far under the radar.
In Week 16 you are unlikely to find anyone who is going to crack your starting lineup but there is value in blocking your opponents options if they’re desperate.
Last few weeks…
Pickup If Available
- Donald Brown: Finally broke out last week going well over 100 yards and braking and 43 yard TD. Faces a vulnerable run D @ Oak in Week 16.
- Danny Amendola: The Rams top targeted receiver has good matchups the next two weeks vs. SF & Sea.
- Kevin Walter: Teams have been abusing the CBs opposite of Champ Bailey the last few weeks making Walter and Jacoby Jones decent plays this week.
- Derrick Mason: Has been on and off the last six weeks and I think that trend continues this week as he should be on versus Cleveland.
Entry filed under: Fantasy Football, NFL. Tags: Cowboys, Fantasy Football, fantasy football playoff pickups, Fantasy Football Playoffs, Fantasy football week 16, Life, News, NFL, NFL 2010, People, playoff pickups, Redskins, Rex Grossman, Sleepers, Sports, Tebow, Week 15 pickups, Week 16, week 16 pickups, week 16 sleepers.