NFL NEW$ and NOTE$: Week 8
Here are a few stories from around the NFL that I thought were noteworthy:
- The San Francisco 49ers will start Troy Smith at QB versus the Denver Broncos when they play in London on Sunday. I have always thought that Smith deserved his chance to start and I think the 49ers made the right decision to start Smith over Carr.
- Reggie Bush looks at least a week away from returning. He began running this week but has yet to practice and since he is coming off a fractured fibula next week isn’t certain. Until PT or Reggie can return Chris Ivory will remain the #1 rb.
- Santonio Holmes has only played 40% of snaps during the past two Jets’ games. This number should increase and Fantasy Football players who have been waiting on him should remain patient as I believe he’ll be their number one option in the passing game.
- Marques Colston has struggled for most of the season and much of that is due to secondaries double teaming him in Bush’s absence.
- Malcolm Floyd appears to be out until Week 11. In the meantime Patrick Crayton and Naanee will be the Chargers top wideouts.
- Louis Murphy will also be out a couple of week with a chest injury. Chaz Schilez is rehabbing as always, therefore your Oakland Raiders WRs are Darrius Heyward-Bey and Jacoby Ford…
- Anthony Gonzalez is ready to go for Monday Night Football and should be the WR3, making Blair White the #4 and not much of a play.
- Matt Stafford is set to return for the Lions when they host the Redskins who are 31st against the pass.
- David Garrard is expected to start sunday @Dallas.
- Donald Driver remains banged up and probably isn’t a good play against the Jets, if you feel tempted to play a Packer, pickup James Jones.
- Jason Campbell appears the likely starter for the Raiders this week. Earlier in the week, Cable seemed to indicated that when Bruce was healthy, he’d remain the #1.
- Brett Favre is going to play Sunday…they’ll have to take him off the field in a body-bag.
Entry filed under: Fantasy Football, NFL. Tags: 2010, Anthony Gonzalez, colston, Fantasy Football, Fantasy Football news, Favre, ffb, holmes, Matt Stafford, NFL, nfl injuries, Pickups, Sleepers, Troy Smith, week 8.