Fantasy Football Pickups: Week 6
Danny Amendola-12 catches last week w/Clayton going down. 6th in the league in targets. Should have good game versus SD. Trade for him if you have to in PPR league because barring injury, which certainly is possible, he should catch plenty of balls the rest of the way. Rams also promoted Danario Alexander, who had lots of injuries in college but started his career ahead of Maclin at Missou. Deeper sleeper, question will be how his knees hold up but very talented.
Anthony Armstrong-one of my favorite sleepers before the season finally made a major impact. The journeyman speedster showed Sunday that his hands are no longer a major concern by hauling in a long TD pass from McNabb. Expect his role to continue to grow, but Moss and Cooley are still the top two options but there will be times like Sunday where he is a good play against a hurt or poor secondary.
Andrew Quarless– with Finley and Lee out the athletic rookie from Penn State will get his chance and should be involved. Had 4 catches for 51 yards Sunday. Should be a lot more attractive options out there at backup/replacement TE.
Deion Branch– NE reacquired the former Super Bowl MVP for a 4th rounder (which is telling). Tamper expectations on Tate, still intrigued by Edelman who looked great in preaseason.
Mike Hart-the former Michigan standout stepped up with Addai’s injury and responded 40 yards and a touchdown. With Indy’s bye week in week 7, they could rest Addai and Brown in week 6. If Brown is healthy, he would be expected to get the brunt of the work.
Deon Butler-with Branch traded the second year player and all-time leader in receptions at Penn State moves up the chart. Golden Tate also worth a look. Pete Carroll said Butler will start opposite Mike Williams.
- Matt Cassel: gets Hou and Jax in the next two, good option if you have an injury.
- Kenny Britt: stepped up with Gage out, Jax next. Vince looks throwing him the deep ball.
- Chris Ivory: Betts really shit the bed, Ivory should be in line if Thomas remains out.
- Davone Bess: played incredibly two Mondays ago, hard to cover.
- Aaron Hernandez: targets should go up and the 4th round steal has done a lot with a little so far.
- Marshawn Lynch-if he’s available, grab and see what role Carroll has for him. Rumors are a split and an eye down on the goaline, could be every down back.
- Tony Moeaki
You’re probably too late
- M. Williams
- M. Lewis
Entry filed under: Fantasy Football, Sports. Tags: armstrong, Fantasy Football, fantasy football pickups week 6, fantasy football sleepers, Football, football pickups, NFL, pick ups, quarless, Sleepers, stats, waiver wire, week six, week six pickups.