Fantasy Football: Week Five Pickups
Last week’s standouts
- Michael Bush: stepped right back in once Run DMC got hurt.
- Derrick Mason: the vet showed he is still a part of the this offense
- Danny Woodhead: according to Mike Reiss, he has played the most snaps of any Pats rb the last two weeks.
- Brandon Stokley: Signed earlier in the week, had 4 catches for 62 yards.
Useful this week:
- Kevin Kolb: with Vick out 1-2 weeks or more, Kolb becomes the man again in a pass first offense.
- Mike Bell: should start with McCoy out indefinitely
- Bears D/ST: they have been playing great D this year and Panthers come in w/o Steve Smith.
- Brandon LaFell: could lead Panthers in receiving but that might not be much.
- Mark Sanchez: 8 TDs 0 INTs and gets #1 WR Santonio Holmes back which will only help.
- Sam Bradford: he has had games over 51 and 43 throws, weapons not there but Sam is so good, accurate, cerebral.
- Ryan Torain: #1 pickup. a favorite fantasy sleeper for years, finally healthy and has the job lined up. Portis said today on radio show that team probably wouldn’t let him go Sunday even IF he could be healthy.
- BenJarvus Green Ellis: will get 10 carries a week but never will be a workhorse in this offense.
- Chris Ivory: fumbling issues are killing his chances to solidify that backup job, talent is definitely there.
- LeGarrette Blount: was being used early versus Steelers, hard runner.
- Davone Bess: unbelievable possession receiver played great on MNF.
- Dustin Keller: Sanchez and Keller continue to kill it
- Tony Moeaki: My boy has become a favorite of Matt Cassel’s
- Bernard Berrian
- Lawrence Maroney
- Jereome Harrison