Fantasy Football Sleepers Results (Week Three)
A recap of how my recommended sleepers did on Sunday.
- Joe Flacco: 262 3 tds, (plays well versus Mangini, must manage week to week)
- Michael Vick: 291 3 tds, 30 1 td (Pretty much what you expect versus Jacksonville)
- Vince Young: 10/16 118 TD (Giants didn’t put up much a fight here)
- Darren McFadden: 25 for 105 TD (McFadden did indeed get the bulk of the carries and continues to shake off the bust label. Bush was used in a goaline package, drop em.)
- Tim Hightower: 11 for 40 (once the Cards fell behind Oakland, they pounded Wells…he is back and Hightower is simply a change of pace rb.)
- Fred Taylor: 16 yards (recommended pickup from last week BenJarvis Green-Ellis got the bulk of the work while Danny Woodhead took over for Faulk when they used a back in those formations)
- Percy Harvin: 6 for 62 TD (Remains Favre’s #1 receiver, might be in must start range with Minnesota’s limited options)
- Jeremy Maclin:4 catches 83 yards, 2 TDs (Vick continues to work his progressions.)
- Dez Bryant: 4 catches 50 yards (Williams exploded, Dez was illegally forced out in what would’ve been a 40 yard TD)
- Aaron Hernandez: 6 catches 65 yards (They continue to use Hernandez often, especially to counter defense’s double coverage of Welker)
- Marcedes Lewis: 3 for 15 (Eagles focused on Lewis and the return of Stewart Bradley helped Philly blanket Lewis. Garrard had 26 passing yards into the fourth)
- Blair White was indeed worth a look in deeper leagues, caught 3 balls for 27 yards and a touchdown.
- Chris Ivory got some work yesterday but had a costly fumble on 4th & 1 after seemingly converting the try. While something has not been right with NO, Ivory is certainly worth a look with that offense and opportunity.
- The huge upgrade for Collie was warranted.
- Congrats to anyone who picked up Hillis when recommened after week one, certainly paid dividends yesterday: 22-144-1, 7-36
- Tolbert did alright for a fill-in but not great: 17-73, 3-17
- Maroney, not Buckhalter, saw most of the work for the Broncos
Also, last week’s “buys” look to have been great…check out that and other posts if you haven’t done so.