NFL News and Fantasy Football Notes 9-17-2010
Some of Friday’s most interesting news with fantasy spin included.
- According to coach Mangini, the Browns are going to continue to split carries between Jerome Harrison and Peyton Hillis. (Despite the fumble by Hillis and Harrison shredding the Chiefs last year we have a time-share)
- Vick will start Sunday, but Kolb remains the #1 QB (DET is great versus runs to the left and now with KVB killing it could be an obstacle but Vick remains a great play SundaY)
- Devone Bess has been working in 2 WR sets in Miami practice. (already on the FFB pickup list)
- When the Titans run him out of three-receiver sets, RB Chris Johnson averages 7.9 yards a carry. (Steelers fifth worst run D in this situation***)
- More on Stephen Williams’ opportunity (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/09/16/20100916arizona-cardinals-stephen-williams-chance.html)
- Said 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye when asked about RB Brian Westbrook’s role, “There’s a role on the offense for him (Westbrook),” Raye said. “He’s Frank Gore ‘s backup. That’s his role.”
- Looks more likely than Seneca Wallace will get the start Sunday. This could be the best thing for the Browns after Delhomme reverted to his old self after they built a 14-3 lead and eventually lost last week.
- Mark Clayton was pulled in 10 balls last week but Laurent Robinson remains on the radar of fantasy owners. He had 9 targets and Sam Bradford ended up going to Clayton so often because he was avoiding Rodgers-Cromarte.
- Rex Ryan said that Kyle Wilson and others will have to defend Wes Welker this weekend. This remains one of the primer matchups of the week.
Feel free to leave a comment if: you want to start a discussion, you have a question about your lineup or waiver pickup, or anything related to football. TGIF.