NFL News: Wednesday
NFL Players of the Week
Texans running back Arian Foster, Jaguars linebacker Daryl Smith and Chiefs punt returner Dexter McCluster have been named the AFC players of the week.
Bears running back Matt Forte, Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson and Packers kicker Mason Crosby have been named the NFC players of the week.
UPDATED Injury News
Early Doucet is out indefinitely with a sports hernia. Breaston should continue to produce like he did Sunday. A name is watch out for is Stephen Williams. If you haven’t heard, this undrafted rookie out of Toledo thrilled the Cards all camp. Larry even took the guy under his wing. He’s definitely looks like he’s gonna be a big player in this league some day but he’ll get his chance early on to contribute.
- Mike Vick still in line for the start @ Detroit.
- Looks like Odrick will only miss a couple weeks.
- Jake Delhomme will be a game time decision.
- Kevin Boss is out for the Giants
- Max Starks is unlikely to play Sunday
Fantasy: one name I forgot to include in Week Two Pickups was Fred Taylor. With Maroney traded he looks to get most carries out of the Patriots backfield for the first half. Hardcore fantasy players may want to stash Sammy Morris for a late season run [see few years ago] but he does so much for the offense which fantasy points are not awarded for, thus there are better options out there for a stash like B Scott (Benson dinged up already).
Marshall Lynch to Green Bay?
- Sounds great to lots of fans but the consensus seems to be that this is not a move likely to be made by GM Ted Thompson.